Thursday, July 14, 2011

Water It!

Remember just a few weeks ago when I was talking about all the rain that we were getting? Well it has been hot for about a month now and the farmers, and the lawns are beginning to suffer. We were doing some service and in comes the husband conversationally he says I don't know what is wrong with my lawn I have all of these brown spots. My first thought was well are you watering it? His response to that was "well we've had so much rain." Well sure, but when the days have been hot since then and you are seeing the dry patches i think it might be time to water again. Now in stark contrast, the family that we live with were watering even when it was pouring down rain.

The Lord has said that we must drink from His waters for He is the living waters. “Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst” (John 4:14). Can we simply take a sip from the waters and walk away? I don't think so. I believe that we need that consistent flow, just as the grass does. The Savior has the well and we have the cup, IF we choose to come to Him he will keep that cup full. If we choose to walk away from the well we can no longer gain access to that water. We must pair the love and mercy of the Lord with out own willingness to come unto Him and do as He asks.

No comments:

Post a Comment