Thursday, July 7, 2011

Are You Protected?

So we went up to Huckleberry Pass for the fourth of July and we had a great time! We had a snow ball fight in July, we took tons of pictures, saw some sweet sights and without even noticing I got a whopper of a sunburn. It was a pretty warm day but with all the fun we were having I hardly even noticed it. Even when we got home I didn't feel like I was all that burned. I woke up the next day and my face hurt. I was thinking about how subtly it all happened and how if only I had remembered to put on sunscreen that morning I would have been fine.

Our lives are the same way, Satan comes into our lives in subtle ways and we don't even notice it till it is too late. Just like the protection that sunscreen would have afforded me, we have the armor of God to protect us. We need to put on the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, the shoes of the preparation of the gospel of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit. When we do this we become protected as it says in Ephesians "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." If only I had put on that sunscreen I could have stood against the wiles of the sun. Don't get burned by the "fiery darts of the wicked" put on the whole armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment