Friday, February 25, 2011

My Conversion

Each of us must have our own conversion even if we grew up learning it, which I did. I didn't really understand all the things that I was taught from a very young age. So when I left for college I stopped going to church. I didn't know if it was true I didn't even know if God was real. I spent about 6 years not really wanting to know. But then something changed, when I was 22 I decided that what I needed to do was find out if what I had been taught in church was real if God was real. So I decided that the best way to do that was to pray and read the Book of Mormon.As I was read over a couple of months I finally came to the end of 2 Nephi. In chapter 32 Verses 10 and 11 it says "and now, my beloved bretheren, and also Jew and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these word and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if you shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are teh words of Christ, and he hath given then unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good. And if they are not the words of Christm judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with power and great golry, that they are his words, at the last day; and you and I shall stand face to face before his bar; and ye shall know that I have been commanded of him to write these things, not withstanding my weakness."
When I read that I thought to myself how amazing it will be to stand face to face with a Prophet of God. When I had that thought I relized that if he was a Prophet then His writings are true and if his writing are true then this book is true and if this book is then Joseph Smith was a Prophet. It was at that point that everything clicked into place and since that moment I have been working to put my life more in Harmony with the teachings of the Gospel. I know that I still have a long way to go but with the help of the Lord I know that I can do it. Seek for your own conversion Pray to find out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment