Tuesday, January 18, 2011

God is our Loving Father in Heaven

"Since 'God is love' (1 John 4:8), the closer we approach Him, the more profoundly we experience love. But because a veil separates this mortality from our heavenly home, we must seek in the Spirit that which is imperceptible to mortal eyes.
"Heaven may seem distant at times, but the scriptures offer hope: 'Ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart' (Jeremiah 29:13)." (Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "The Love of God," Ensign, Nov. 2009, 23). 

I know that I have a Father in Heaven that loves me unconditionally. I am his literal daughter and that knowledge helps me understand why he loves me so very much. I know that as we each understand our nature in relation to the nature of God we grow closer to him. We understand that we are his children and we can begin to look at ourselves and others through his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment